The MSc Course in Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) is a 2-year world-class integrated course aimed at qualifying graduates to deal with the enormous challenges in sustainable management of natural resources.
SUFONAMA is part of the Erasmus Mundus Programme initiated by the European Commission. The Erasmus Mundus Programme is a co-operation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and promote intercultural understanding.
Read more about the Erasmus Mundus Programme at the European Commission’s web site where you can also find a useful FAQ table, studies, statistics and other useful information about the programme.
The SUFONAMA Consortium
The SUFONAMA MSc Course is organised by a Consortium which includes five of the best European universities within the field of forest and nature management:
• University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen (Denmark)
• Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor (UK)
• University of Göttingen, Faculty of Forest Sciences and Ecology, Göttingen (Germany)
• Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre, Alnarp (Sweden)
• University of Padova, TESAF Department, School of Agriculture, Padova (Italy)
The five universities all have significant experience in research-based teaching on forest and nature management. The SUFONAMA Programme thus provides you with a single entry point to top-level and up-to-date teaching.
The overall objective of the SUFONAMA Programme is to provide a top-level education programme that qualifies graduates to deal with the huge challenges in Europe’s pursuit of an evermore sustainable management of its natural resources, namely that the management of forest and nature areas must be seen in an integrated landscape context.
By joining the teaching and research experiences of the five consortium universities, this unique course constitutes an in-depth educational programme with inherent impetus to stay at the forefront of research-based teaching strongly linked to the realities in many European and non-European countries.
The specific objective of the SUFONAMA Consortium, through implementation of the SUFONAMA Programme and modalities of work, is to become a Centre of Excellence in the field of holistic forest and nature management. The Consortium will thus work to:
• realise synergy in forest and nature management teaching by closer co-ordination and collaboration between the top universities in Europe in the field of forest and nature management
• increase transparency, for students as well as faculty, and enable comparison between modules and programme specifications in forest and nature management teaching across universities and institutions in Europe
• increase the global visibility and accessibility of higher education in forest and nature management in Europe and contribute towards university excellence and European competitiveness
SUFONAMA ADMISSION 2012
Call for application 2013 is now open.
Deadline for application is 1 December 2012.