This two-year Master’s course in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) is a world-class programme with the objective of preparing qualified graduates to deal with the complex aspects of contemporary tropical forestry. The programme provides the students with:
• a firm theoretical foundation
• ability to function on the international scene, and openness to foreign cultures
• all competencies needed for working as a researcher or in tropical forest practices, e.g. development agencies, consultancies, NGOs, international organizations, ministries, governmental agencies, or district forest offices.
SUTROFOR is part of the Erasmus Mundus Programme initiated by the European Commission. The Erasmus Mundus Programme is a co-operation and mobility programme in the field of higher education that aims to enhance the quality of European higher education and promote intercultural understanding.
The SUTROFOR Consortium
The SUTROFOR MSc Course is organized by a Consortium which includes five of the best European universities within the field of forest and nature management:
• University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Copenhagen (Denmark)
• Bangor University, School of the Environment and Natural Resources, Bangor (UK)
• Dresden University of Technology, Institute of International Forestry and Forest Products, Tharandt (Germany)
• AgroParisTech, Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences, Montpellier (France)
• University of Padova, TESAF Department, School of Agriculture, Padova (Italy)
The SUTROFOR Consortium also includes four non-European associate partners; namely Tribhuvan University in Nepal, Sokoine University of Agriculture in Tanzania, Centro Agronómico Tropical de Investigación y Enseñanza in Costa Rica and Makerere University, Uganda.
The SUTROFOR Consortium Institutions all have significant experience in research-based teaching on tropical forestry. The SUTROFOR Programme thus provides you with a single entry point to top-level and up-to-date teaching.
2013 Call for Applications for Category A and Category B scholarships is now open.
Deadline for application is 1 December 2012.